|Software Version||System Software|
|Software Type||as per requirement|
System software consist of the following elements:
• Device Driver: Device Driver allows to interact with the higher level computer programes.
it is a computer program.
• Operating System: The operating system is the system which manages the hardware of the computer. The operating system consists of program and data. An operating system also provides us with services so that we can execute the application software.
Example: Linux, Unix, Microsoft Windows etc.
• Server: it is a program which works like a socket listener in a computer networking system. A server computer is a series of computers which link other computers with itself. The server can provide some essential services to both private users and public users via the internet.
• Utility Software: Utility software is for performing small tasks which are used to manage computer and hardware software.
Example: system utilities, virus scanners etc..
• Windowing System: it supports the implementation of window managers. Windowing system provides essential support to graphics hardware and pointing devices like keyboard and mice. The windowing system is a component of the graphical user interface.